Well everyone, through liberal application of garlic, Campbell’s chicken noodle soup, and season 3 of Angel, I am miraculously healed.
Even better, I have more prizes for the Heifer Fundraiser. A whole stack of them. Let’s get to it….
- Two copies of Drew C. Bowling’s The Tower of Shadows, book one of the Tides of Fate series. Signed by the author.
- A copy of New York Times #1 bestseller Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, by Sean Williams. Signed by the Author.
According to the ABC Brisbane,
The Force Unleashed is “an action packed novel set during the previously unexplored ‘dark times’ between Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Episode IV: A New Hope.”
- A copy of David Anthony Durham’s novel Acacia: Book One: The War with the Mein. Signed by the author.
“David Anthony Durham has won acclaim for his historical novels, and brings his knowledge of the past and other cultures to create a rich and compelling world on his first foray into fantasy. His skillful storytelling, depth of characterisation, and an ability to unsettle reader expectations is reminiscent of George R.R. Martin, but his is a distinctive new voice.”
- Gregory Frost’s two book adventure, Shadow Bridge and Lord Tophet. Signed by the author.
- A copy of Hart & Boot & Other Stories by Tim Pratt. Signed by the author.
- A copy of Pandora’s Closet. Donated and signed by Kelly Swails.
This anthology contains nineteen original tales by authors such as Timothy Zahn, A. M. Strout, and Michael Stackpole.
When Pandora’s Box was opened, so the ancient tale goes, all the evils that would beset humanity were released into the world. When the box was all but empty, the only thing that remained was hope. Now some of fantasy’s finest writers have taken on the task of opening Pandora’s closet. It is naturally chock full of an assortment of items, including a ring that can bring its wearer infinite health, a special helmet found in the most unlikely of places, a mysterious box that holds a legendary piece of cloth, and a red hoodie that transforms a woman’s world.
- One each of The Blue Kingdom anthologies. Donated and signed by Kelly Swails.
src=”http://www.patrickrothfuss.com/blog/uploaded_images/Heifer-Donations-124-774073.JPG” alt=”" border=”0″ />
A set of all three anthologies in the Blue Kingdom series: Pirates of the Blue Kingdom, Shades and Specters, and Buxom Buccaneers. Tales of swashbucklers and spooks in a world of waters.
- A copy of The Golden Cord, book one of the Iron Dragon Series by Paul Genesse. Signed by the author.
Voya Magazine says the following about The Golden Cord: “The plot is well constructed, the characters are wonderful, and the middle-ages setting creates an ominous feel. The cliffhanger ending will leave readers eager for more. The Golden Cord is a rich and compelling fantasy full of adventure, danger, dragons, battles, revenge, magic, and more.”
- A signed, limited edition copy of Spectra Pulse magazine.
This premiere issue of Spectra Pulse magazine comes with a letter of authenticity and is signed by amazing SciFi authors George R.R. Martin, Jeff VanderMeer, Elizabeth Bear, and Catherynne M. Valente.
Want more? It includes an except from George R.R. Martin’s A Dance with Dragons, the next book of the Song of Ice and Fire series.
- A full set of E.E. Knight’s Age of Fire books, Dragon Champion, Dragon Avenger, Dragon Outcast, and Dragon Strike.
Eric was nice enough to send along these four lovely trade paperbacks that we’ll be giving away as a set. Publisher’s weekly says, “Knight turns the familiar features of epic fantasy upside down in this unique world of medieval politics and ancient magic seen through the eyes of dragons.”
That’s the latest batch of goodies, folks. But it won’t be the last. We’ve got more books coming in every day. So stay tuned, and tell your friends.
If you want all the details about how the fundraiser works, and how you can win some of these cool books, you can find all the information OVER HERE. Personally, I’m hoping we can push all the way past 30,000.
For those of you who celebrate it, have a lovely Thanksgiving.
For those of you who don’t, have a lovely Thursday.