Well, it’s been a week, and the results of the t-shirt poll are fairly conclusive.
So here’s what we’re going to be doing:
1. We’re printing the Name Compilation shirt. It will be white text on a black shirt.
2. We’re printing The Eolian Bar shirt too. It will also be on a black shirt.
3. We’re going to print the Kingkiller design. But first we’re going to fix the font and decide what color it should be. So that one will be delayed a little bit.
But for those of you who are interested, we’re selling the Name Compilation shirt and the Eolian Bar shirt in our new store. There are men’s and women’s sizes.
Since we’re on the topic. Let’s talk a little bit about the store.
You’ll note it’s lovingly named the Tinker’s Packs. That’s because it contains pretty much anything I imagine people might want to buy. I’ve even gone so far as to put up some foreign translations of my books for sale, as people occasionally asking where they can find one.
A few things you should know about the store:
- Orders will be processed on a first-come first-served basis. So if you’re looking to get something shipped to you by Christmas, it’s better to order it sooner rather than later.
- Some of the items (especially the rare or out of print books) we only have in small numbers. As they sell out, they’re gone. It’s first come first serve, I’m afraid.
- Edit: Some things have already sold out.
- All proceeds go to Worldbuilders, of course.
A few questions answered:
Why are the books so expensive?
Some of them are expensive because there aren’t very many of them. They’re rare. First editions. Small print runs. Stuff like that.
More ordinary books are priced about double what they cost me. I can get a hardcover copy of NOTW for about 22 bucks, so I sell personalized copies in the store for 45.
This is keeping with Worldbuilder’s theme of matching donations. If someone buys a book for 20 dollars, then I donate the money. They really haven’t contributed to the charity, they just bought a book. But if they pay 40 bucks, they’re getting a book AND helping with the fundraiser. Follow me?
I don’t have a paypal account, can I still buy something from the store?
Yeah. Drop us a message through the contact form in the store and we’ll work out an alternate payment method.
Lastly, I have a few questions to ask y’all…
- Any suggestions for what color the Kingkiller shirt should be? From comments in previous blogs, white doesn’t seem very popular, but I don’t know what other color would work for that shirt.
- Do we want a Worldbuilders t-shirt even if it’s just a small version of the logo on a colored shirt? Say a nice forest green?
- Is there anything else you’d like to see in the store? I’m open to suggestions.
Stay tuned. We’re going to be having a lot of cool stuff posted in the coming days…