This is a Worldbuilders blog.
Well, after yesterday’s post, we cleared our previous goal of 225,000 dollars, and it was with some hesitation that I moved our new goal up to the full 250K.
I hope we can make it in the next four days.
Today we have a bunch of books donated by The League of Reluctant Adults. A group of authors who have banded together in order to fight crime and protect our world from alien threats. When they’re not doing that, they also maintain a pretty interesting blog.
In this blog, they’ve banded together to send Worldbuilders a bunch of signed books…
- A first edition of Succubus Blues and the first four issues of Dark Swan by Richelle Mead. All signed by the author.
“Richelle Mead delivers sexy action and tongue-in-cheek hellish humor—if damnation is this fun, sign me up! ” —Lilith Saintcrow.
- One audio book of Downpour by Kat Richardson. Case is signed by the author.
“Reading a Greywalker novel is the pinnacle of literary escapism for me. It’s full immersion from the very first words. Downpour begins in typical Richardson style – a brilliant hook and a subtle reference to Chandler all in the first few sentences.”–Paul Goat Allen
- One set of four books of The Simon Canderous Series by Anton Strout. All signed by the author.
“Following Simon’s adventures is like being the pinball in an especially antic game, but it’s well worth the wear and tear.” – Charlaine Harris
Pat’s Note: As I have mentioned on several occasions, Anton Strout is my mortal enemy. He is the focus of many of my evil schemes, and I once had fortune cookies printed up that encouraged people to kill him.
But still, that doesn’t keep us from occasionally doing a podcast together as demonstrated by Episode 18 of his Once and Future Podcast…
- One copy of A Brush of Darkness by Allison Pang. Signed by the author.
- One set of Mark of the Demon, Blood of the Demon, Secrets of the Demon, and Sins of the Demon by Diana Rowland. All are signed by the author.
“Rowland’s hot streak continues as she gives her fans another big helping of urban fantasy goodness!… The plot twists are plentiful and the action is hard-edged. Another great entry in this compelling series.” – RT Book Reviews
- One copy of My Life as a White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland. Signed by the author.
“An intriguing mystery and a hilarious mix of the horrific and mundane aspects of zombie life open a promising new series from Rowland… Humor and gore are balanced by surprisingly touching moments.” – Publishers Weekly
- One set of the Disillusionists: Mind Games and Double Cross by Carolyn Crane. Signed by the author.
Pat’s Note: Disillustionists is one of those titles that I wish I’d come up with first….
“A violent U-turn in a fresh direction… this is urban fantasy’s new shot-in-the-arm.” – National bestselling author Vicki Pettersson
- One copy of A Shot in the Dark by K. A. Stewart. Signed by the author.
“Lots of fun, deftly witty, and one of the most appealing central characters of recent years.” – New York Times Bestselling Author Simon R. Green
- One copy of Trance by Kelly Meding. Signed by the author.
“Dark, dangerous, and delectable…Impossible to put down!” – Gena Showalter, New York Times Bestselling Author
- One copy of Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells. Signed by the author.
“Hold on tight — a gritty new heroine has joined the pantheon of shoot-first, ask-questions-later protagonists. Despite the blistering pace and darkness of the plot, [Wells] neatly balances things with a deft smattering of humor.” – Romantic Times Book Lovers magazine
- One set of Staked, Revamped and Crossed by J. F. Lewis. Signed by the author.
“Raucous, raunchy blood-opera… very satisfying.” – Dark Realms magazine
- One set of The Anna Strong Chronicles by Jeanne C. Stein. Signed by the author.
“A heroine with the charm, savvy and intelligence that fans of Laurell K. Hamilton and Kim Harrison will be happy to root for.” – Publishers Weekly
- One set of The Iron Druid Chronicles: Hounded, Hexed and Hammered by Kevin Hearne. Signed by the author.
Pat’s note: I recently red these and really enjoyed them. Odds are if you enjoy Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files, you’ll dig these too….
“Kevin Hearne breathes new life into old myths, creating a world both eerily familiar and startlingly original.” – Nicole Peeler, author of Tempest Rising
- One ARC of Loss by Jackie Kessler. Signed by the author.
Pat’s Note: This is actually an ARC of the book that won’t be released until March. So winning this book not only means you get a cool book and a good read, it means you get to taunt your friends….
“Gritty and raw with powerful truths. An addictive read.” – Sophie Jordan New York Times bestselling author of Firelight
* * *
Remember, for every 10 dollars you donate on the Worldbuilders Team Page, you get a chance to win these books and over a thousand others.
To see the other books folks have donated, as well as our auctions, and the items we’re selling in the store, you can head over to our main page HERE.
Or, if you’d like to see all the auctions Worldbuilders is running, you can find them over here.