Hey there everybody,
As you may have guessed, we got a lot of entries for the t-shirt design contest. Despite the fact that it was only a week long, and over a holiday weekend, *and* it overlapped the end of the semester.
We got over 200 designs. Y’all are all insane in the best way possible.
As I’ve already shared on facebook and twitter, some designs came in that broke my heart with how lovely/sweet/whimsical they were.
The reason they broke my heart is that some of them I loved, but they wouldn’t work on a t-shirt. Or they’re too obscure or specialized…
Rest assured that those designs won’t be lost forever. We’re going to chat with some of the artists to see if they’re willing to let us use the art for other things. Maybe cards or postcards. Maybe after some tweaking, we can use the designs for future t-shirts.
But the harsh reality is that we needed to get the number of designs down to 10-ish for this poll to be in any way functional. That means we had to cut more than 95% of the entries.
What’s more, we needed to do it *fast* as we’re launching the IndiGoGo on June 1st.
So here we are.
The titles for the shirts are ABOVE the shirt. Keep that in mind when you scroll down to vote.
1. Ivare Enim Euge
2. You Have Died of Chandrian
3. Trouper in the streets, Fae in the Sheets
4. What does it unlock?
5. Maple, Maypole, Catch and Carry
6. Key, Coin, and Candle
7. Property of Arcanum Sympathy Department
8. Edema Ruh
11. The Waystone Inn
12. A stone in your heart
Before you vote, a few polite requests:
- Let’s not descend into internet jackassery here. We’re better than that. Don’t try to game the system. Don’t vote a bunch of times. That’s not cool.
- Please vote based on which designs you would buy as a t-shirt. If you like the art, but you wouldn’t wear it as a shirt, then don’t vote for it.
- If you know deep in your heart that you’re never going to buy a shirt, it would be nice if you didn’t vote at all. It’s not that your opinion doesn’t matter…. It’s just that it doesn’t matter in this particular instance.
- You can vote for two shirts. That means you should vote for the shirt that you’d really love to buy. And then the shirt that you’d love to buy if your first choice isn’t one of the ones we print.
- When you’re voting, double check the name of the shirt to make sure you’re casting your vote correctly. The name of the shirt is ABOVE THE PICTURE. ABOVE.
- The poll ends 12:00pm Central Time Saturday, May 30. So be sure to get your votes in before then…
Which T-shirt Should We Carry?
- What does it unlock? (24%, 2,132 Votes)
- The Waystone Inn (24%, 2,125 Votes)
- You Have Died of Chandrian (22%, 1,895 Votes)
- I know you have a stone in your heart (18%, 1,537 Votes)
- Edema Ruh (16%, 1,428 Votes)
- Cthaeh (12%, 1,035 Votes)
- Chandrian (12%, 1,024 Votes)
- Ivare Enim Euge (11%, 948 Votes)
- Property of Arcanum Sympathy Department (9%, 820 Votes)
- Maple, Maypole, Catch and Carry (7%, 591 Votes)
- Trouper in the streets, Fae in the sheets (6%, 551 Votes)
- Key, Coin and Candle (4%, 334 Votes)
Total Voters: 8,719
[Edit: It's totally fair to look at the current results before you cast your votes....] [Additional Edit: Given the response here, we'll be making at least two of these shirts. So please do vote for the shirts you would like to buy. But again: Please only vote once.]
* * *
Lastly, we have a piece of extra cool news.
Jim Butcher, fabulous author and proper geek, has agreed to let the Worldbuilders team develop a Dresden Files shirt for the June 1st fundraiser, too.
We’ll be posting up the details in a blog later today. But just let me say if you’re sad you missed your chance to participate in this design contest, you might still have a chance to come and play.
More soon, folks,