A Great Many Stretch Goals

Hey everyone, Worldbuilders Team here! With the surprise extension to the fundraiser, we thought we’d throw our metaphorical hats in to help out with blogs for the week, so Pat can catch up on some rest.

One of the things we really want to be sure you’ve seen is all of the amazing stretch goals we’ve had this year.

Of course, you can click around and see all of them in our cool Stretch Goal Slider.

We had a lot of people step up this year. We had people attempt to read Fox in Socks without messing up (including all of us on the Worldbuilders Team).

Karen Hallion drew Pat as The Doctor, and we were all excited when the graphic came in.

Pat Doctor

It’s pretty badass. There are a lot of small details on there you might miss if you don’t click to embiggen, and we put the whole process into a video, sped up so you can watch it in all its glory.

William Alexander stepped up with a seriously good St. Crispin’s Day speech from Henry V… with his Grover doll and voice.

Not to mention the overwhelming amount of cute we have to show off. First, little Cutie Snoo showed off his incredible reading skills for y’all.

Have we mentioned that Pat’s baby is adorable? Because Pat’s baby is ADORABLE.

There’s a video from Heifer International that we mentioned in a blog recently. We’ve passed stretch goals from Hank Green, John Green, Django Wexler, and a collaborative effort for one-star reviews from John Scalzi, Ann Leckie, Sabaa Tahir, and Pat.

We also got a music video from Peter Orullian, this time doing a cover of Bohemian Rhapsody.

Be aware: it is full of spoilers for Game of Thrones, and some Brandon Sanderson books as well.

We always look forward to videos from Peter, and this year’s did not disappoint, that’s for damn sure…

Just a couple of days ago, the Worldbuilders Team, including Pat, played a game of Secret Hitler, which we’re realizing now might have serious, long-term consequences on our ability to trust one another ever again.

And yesterday, we got a video from Neil Gaiman.

And then there are the stretch goals we don’t have yet, because we just hit them yesterday.

Now that we’ve hit $1 million, Wil Wheaton, Chris Kluwe, a few more friends, and Pat will get together to play a drunk game of Dungeons and Dragons. Drunkens and Dragons, if you will. It’s going to be amazing, but probably won’t be filmed for a little while yet. But thanks to everyone here kicking butt, we’re going to see it in the world soon enough.

As of last night we hit $1.1 million, so Max Temkin of Cards Against Humanity is going to show up here to clean Pat’s home office. This seems like a thing Pat doesn’t want very much, so we’re incredibly excited.

* * *

That’s all of the stretch goals we’ve got ready for you, but all of us are talking to people, getting cool things ready to show off. Hopefully we’ll have more to announce soon.

If you have an idea, share it in the comments. Or, heck, just do it yourself. Make a video of your own, and share it around.

Or, you can Bilbo it up, then send us a picture. We got hundreds yesterday, and sharing them around is a great way to spread the word.

We got Bilbo photos from tons of people from the community. The Worldbuilders Team made one. Even Pierre, the CEO of Heifer International, made one.

So show us your feet. In a totally not-weird kind of way. For charity.

We haven’t hit our matching total of $1.2 million yet, so if you want to take advantage of having your money matched, you should  donate sooner than later

This entry was posted in Worldbuilders 2015By Amanda15 Responses

1. bookwyrmpoet
    Posted December 15, 2015 at 12:39 PM | Permalink

Drunkens and Dragons? Come on Amanda :D Drunks n’ Dragons! Love the whole post, so glad to see we destroyed the million dollar mark!

• Amanda
      Posted December 15, 2015 at 12:48 PM | Permalink

Gah, you’re right! I’ll have to leave my shame up there as my punishment.

• Posted December 16, 2015 at 6:51 AM | Permalink

Actually, Amanda had it right. Drunkens and Dragons kinda rolls off the tounge….

• Kthaeh
          Posted December 16, 2015 at 7:58 AM | Permalink

I agree, Drunkens and Dragons is much better.

• Jsherry
            Posted December 16, 2015 at 9:00 AM | Permalink

Yep – I read it like Drunk’uns and Dragons.

2. Hobbit
    Posted December 15, 2015 at 4:02 PM | Permalink

Will “Pat as The Doctor” be made available to purchase anywhere?

• Staceybaakko1
      Posted December 15, 2015 at 5:26 PM | Permalink

Yes! This needs to happen. We need to be able to purchase “Pat as the Doctor”.

3. jadegypsy
    Posted December 15, 2015 at 5:48 PM | Permalink

So just a thought, but maybe as one of those new stretch goals/ rewards for this donation matching week it might be possible to have Pat reveal some fun but unknown facts about our favorite characters that never made it into the books, or maybe even a whole outtake scene…just a thought.

• khil1
      Posted December 16, 2015 at 8:01 AM | Permalink

Like the fact that Kvothe has mole shaped like the 16th president of the united states on his left calf?

• Kthaeh
        Posted December 16, 2015 at 2:14 PM | Permalink

Just like that. Yes. Though he of course remains oblivious (I’m assuming), because Abe never existed in Temerant.

4. jackness
    Posted December 15, 2015 at 7:16 PM | Permalink

A good stretch goal would be to have Pat explain or show what a person turned a golden ring in for.

5. Jsherry
    Posted December 16, 2015 at 9:01 AM | Permalink

Pat’s appreciative laughter at his 1-star reviews is the best.

6. JessicaJo
    Posted December 16, 2015 at 9:03 AM | Permalink

You guys are amazing, thank you so much for doing all of this. I just donated, so the extension absolutely worked to get me involved. Thanks for your tireless commitment, your hard work, your long hours, and your unending energy. I know you’ll make your 1.2 million goal, but even if you don’t you still have raised over one million dollars and that is amazing and beautiful and life changing. Personally, I don’t need another stretch goal to get me involved, but I wish you luck in this last week in pulling out all the stops. Way to go Worldbuilders Team!!!

7. bishoplyonsentertainment
    Posted December 17, 2015 at 12:42 PM | Permalink

Bishop Lyons Entertainment – Good day I am so excited I found your weblog, I really found you by mistake, while I
    was researching on Askjeeve for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a incredible postand a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design),I don’t have time to go through it all at the minute
    but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so
    when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the excellent.

8. cricqket
    Posted December 24, 2015 at 2:48 PM | Permalink

Merry ChirFSMas. Sleep. Relax. Enjoy your family. None of us are about to leave you. You have time. Take it. (please)