This is a Worldbuilders Blog.
Every year, we get a bunch of books donated by the authors themselves. And this year is no exception…
All of the books below are signed by the authors. What’s more, some of them are limited edition, rare, or cool in their own beautiful snowflake way.
As always, most of them are going in the lottery, so you can win them if you donate at least ten bucks over on the Worldbuilders Team Page.
But we’re throwing a few of them up into into our auctions too, in case you’re into that sort of thing.
- A limited edition copy of Ship Breaker. Signed by Paolo Bacigalupi.
This is a pretty, pretty book. One of the limited editions Subterranean Press put out that’s now out of print. I was going to throw it up in an auction… but then I decided to leave it in the lottery, where anyone can win it. Because I love you.
“Vivid, brutal, and thematically rich, this captivating title is sure to win teen fans for the award-winning Bacigalupi.” – Lynn Rutan
- An ARC of The Drowned Cities. Signed by Paolo Bacigalupi.
This book is a little extra cool because it’s an ARC (Advance Reader’s Copy). These books tend to be pretty collectable especially when they’re signed by the authors. (As you can see from the auction we’re currently running with some of Abercrombie’s books.)
“Beautifully written, filled with high-octane action, and featuring badly damaged but fascinating and endearing characters, this fine novel tops its predecessor and can only increase the author’s already strong reputation.” – Publishers Weekly (starred review)
- A paperback set of Lost Everything, Spaceman Blues, and Liberation. Signed by Brian Francis Slattery.
Honestly, after reading these blurbs, I’m going to have to check these books out for myself. Obviously I’ve been missing something good….
“Lost Everything doesn’t offer sermons or solutions, just a poignant, poetic, devastating way of pondering the questions. Grade: A” – Jason Heller, Onion A.V. Club
“[Liberation is] a heady stew, a road novel shot through with mysticism and a love of freedom that soars over the pages.” – Cory Doctorow
- A paperback set of Agents And Adepts, Talking to Trees, and The Crystal Throne. Signed by Kathryn Sullivan.
- A set of Rats and the Ruling Sea, The River of Shadows, and The Red Wolf Conspiracy. Last two signed by Robert Redick.
I got to meet Robert this year at World Fantasy in Toronto. We had a great panel together where we talked about the wanderer as archetype, and he impressed me enough that I’ll admit to having a bit of an author-crush on him right now. It happens.
“Insane god-kings, miniature warriors and sentient animals fight over a powerful ancient artifact in Redick’s dramatic, complex debut. Both adult and young adult readers will find much to enjoy in this tale of sea-faring and bloody diplomacy.” – Publishers Weekly
- 3 copies of Eulogy. Signed by D. T. Conklin.
- White Dragon, The Destroyer Goddess, and In Legend Born. Signed by Laura Resnick.
- Vamparazzi, Unsympathetic Magic, Doppelganangster, and Disappearing Nightly. Signed by Laura Resnick.
- A hardcover set of Metal Fatigue and The Resurrected Man. Signed by Sean Williams.
“Once you step into William’s meticulously, but effortlessly, created world, you will not be allowed to leave until the danger is past. Don’t worry, though, you won’t want to, no matter how complicated things get.” – Lisa DuMond
- Fatal Alliance and The Force Unleashed II. Signed by Sean Williams.
“[About Fatal Alliance] With so much riding on its shoulders, the book demands an unusual gift for cracking good space opera, and that Williams possesses in full measure.” – Roland Green, Booklist
- Auction: A set of Fatal Alliance and The Force Unleashed II. Signed by Sean Williams.
Sean was nice enough to send us two copies of these, so one’s going into the lottery, and putting the other up in an auction.
So if you have a rabid Star Wars fan in your life, you might want to head over there and make a bid. Christmas is right around the corner…
- A paperback set of Iron Druid Chronicles: Hounded, Hexed, Hammered, Tricked, and Trapped. Signed by Kevin Hearne.
“Kevin Hearne breathes new life into old myths, creating a world both eerily familiar and startlingly original.”—Nicole Peeler, author of Tempest Rising“A witty new fantasy series.”—Kelly Meding
- Auction: A paperback set of Iron Druid Chronicles: Hounded, Hexed, Hammered, Tricked, and Trapped. Signed by Kevin Hearne.
For those of you that have a thing for sexy redheaded protagonists, we’re throwing a second set of Kevin’s books up for auction over here.
- A paperback set of The Tainted City and The Whitefire Crossing. Signed by Courtney Schafer.
“In every way more robust and assured, [The Tainted City] doubles down on grand stakes while keeping the pressure on personal ones….Schafer’s definitely a writer to watch, and I for one look forward to doing so.” – Liz Bourke
- Auction: A paperback set of The Tainted City and The Whitefire Crossing. Signed by Courtney Schafer.
Look how sweet… she even said thanks for supporting us! Now you know you have to have it, so to place your bid, head over here.
- A first edition copy of Ready Player One. Signed by Ernest Cline.
I’ve talked several times about on the blog about how much I enjoyed this book, so I won’t go on and on…
Suffice to say that I’m terribly fond of both Ernest Cline and his book, and not just because he’s the reason I first got invited to Wootstock…
“Enchanting…Willy Wonka meets the Matrix. This novel undoubtedly qualifies Cline as the hottest geek on the planet right now. [But] you don’t have to be a geek to get it.”—USA Today
- Auction: A first edition hardcover of Ready Player One. Signed by Ernest Cline.
Did I already mention that Ernest Cline gave away a freaking Delorean with clues hidden in his books? Yeah. He did.
Given that, I suppose it’s not a huge surprise that he was willing to donate these lovely first edition hardcover copies of Ready Player One. They can easily go for more than 200 dollars to collectors right now. Imagine what it’ll be worth when the movie finally comes out…
So go on, head on over to the auction and make a bid. You’re not just supporting a worthwhile cause and getting a cool book, you’re making a sound financial investment.
* * *
Remember, for every 10 dollars you donate on our Team Page, you get a chance to win these books and many, many more.
If you’d like to see all the auctions Worldbuilders is currently running, you can find them over here.
Or, if you want to see the other items that have been donated to Worldbuilders, or learn more about the fundraiser itself, you can head over to the main page here.