A Dream of Cows….

Hey there everyone,

As I write this, the fundraiser is closing in fast on three-quarters of a million dollars and there are only three days left.

I’ve been working pretty solid 12-16 hour days for a while, and I’m starting to feel it. So today I’m going to keep it simple and share a video of my little boy: Codename Oot.

For the last couple years, Oot has had his own team page for the fundraiser because he wants to raise money for cows. This year, he had the bright idea of painting some pictures he’s going to give away on that team page, to encourage people to donate.

This is “Cow in the Morning.”

This is “Cow in space.” (I didn’t do a good job of catching the gold painted stars on this one. But they’re pretty great in better light.)

Here’s a third one: “Red Cow in the Desert.”

When I asked him if the red cow had a sunburn because it was in the desert, he just looked at me for a while as if he were confused. Then he said in a slightly exasperated tone, as if he really couldn’t believe I’d asked the question, “Is the cow in space blue just because it’s in space?”

So yeah. That’s fair. I’m obviously overthinking it. I didn’t question the blue cow. Why should I question the red one?

A few quick notes before I turn in for the night:

• Anyone who donates on Oot’s Cow Jar page is also eligible for the daily prize draws and stretch goals on my page.
  • You’re also eligible for the $170,000 worth of books and games we’re giving away, too.
  • My younger boy, Cutie, has painted some pictures, as well. Including quite a nice one of a duck. We’ll be putting those up on Oot’s change jar page soon too. (I’d do that myself right now, but it’s three in the morning and I need to be up in less than five hours.)
  • If you’d like a graphic that would help you promote the fundraiser on social media, here you go:

Here’s another link to Oot’s Page, if you’re feeling like you might want to help make the world a better place.

See a bunch of you on the stream later tonight,

Spread the word.

This entry was posted in Cutie Snoo, love, My Mom Would Like This Blog, Oot, Worldbuilders, Worldbuilders 2018. By Pat13 Responses

1. Amanda Lescelius
    Posted December 7, 2018 at 6:53 AM | Permalink

For Oot-

Great job!!! I hope to see more paintings soon. Maybe some cows under water with scuba gear or some flying cows? :)

I am going to head over to your page now and donate. Thanks for spreading the word and helping other kids, Oot. You have a big heart.

For Pat –

*hugs*

2. Posted December 7, 2018 at 8:45 AM | Permalink

You have such sweet boys Pat!

(that edited in *bam* at the end there made me choke on my breakfast a bit xD)

Looking forward to the stream later! Great job Oot!!!

3. Amber
    Posted December 7, 2018 at 9:25 AM | Permalink

I love that the space cow has a glass bubble helmet! What a thoughtful way to encourage donations Oot :)

4. James Calhoun
    Posted December 7, 2018 at 10:53 AM | Permalink

You ever have those days where you needed the reminder that the world wasn’t all horrible? Yeah I needed this today. Thank you Pat and Oot. Just thank you.

5. bethany
    Posted December 7, 2018 at 11:30 AM | Permalink

Way to go, Ooot! You got my donation! :)

6. Ashley Will
    Posted December 7, 2018 at 7:43 PM | Permalink

Could you also please post a graphic with a goat that is $120 – I think my friends and family are more likely to donate the amount of a goat rather than a cow. And also goats are adorable. It’s the amount that I plan to donate. I would share that graphic on multiple social media avenues.

7. Jack
    Posted December 8, 2018 at 2:28 AM | Permalink

Re: Heifer International.

Pat, have you seen the Joaquin Phoenix narrated documentary Earthlings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxVtCSLyGFs or read Peter Singer’s life changing book “Writings on an ethical life”?

8. Posted December 8, 2018 at 4:22 AM | Permalink

Team OOT! what a great kid

9. Posted December 8, 2018 at 9:32 AM | Permalink

Pat,

I have heard you mention not once, but twice recently that you have a dream to kickstarter a DnD type story telling experience for little kids. This caught my attention because my brother in law (one of the finest geeks I know) has been developing exactly that for the last few years. It is called “little adventures” and features story element cards out of which an adventure can emerge. His kids love it, and rightly so in my opinion. If you wanted a starting point for developing such a thing, that could get you a great start. Also, he would be beyond thrilled to hear from you. If you are so inclined to see what he’s got, just shoot me an email and I’ll forward it on to him. Thanks!

p.s. I don’t have a website, so I put a link to his non profit site in that field in case you wanted to check out what kind of awesome geek he is :)

10. jonbly
    Posted December 8, 2018 at 12:11 PM | Permalink

Space cow is wearing a blue spacesuit. Duh.

11. Lea
    Posted December 9, 2018 at 4:06 AM | Permalink

I’m sorry about the comment above me, pat. Do your thing. Make the world a better place. We are with you.

12. Stephanie Anderson
    Posted December 9, 2018 at 7:21 PM | Permalink

Ott has created the ultimate cow lvl.